Vietjet leads Viet Nam’s 50 top firms

Monday, Jun 11, 2018 08:47

Representatives of Viet Nam’s Top 50 best performing companies 2017 surveyed by Nhip Cau Dau Tu Magazine. — VNS Photo

Vietjet has ranked top among Viet Nam’s 50 best-performing companies in 2017 (Top 50) for the second year running.

The budget carrier was also listed among the ‘Billion-Dollar Club’ of companies which have market capitalisation of over US$1 billion.

The rankings were announced at an award ceremony hosted last week by Nhip cau Dau tu (Investment Bridge) Magazine in HCM City.

This year’s rankings were based on business performance of enterprises for the three consecutive years from 2015 to 2017, weighting on 70 per cent divided equally to compound annual growth rate (CAGR) and return on equity (ROE). Meanwhile, the remaining 30 per cent was decided by the market through returns to investor.

The total market capitalisation of the Top 50 reached to $96 billion, accounting for 63 per cent of market capitalisation, of which, 16 companies reported having more than $1 billion market capitalisation in the retail, consumer goods, banking, real estate, telecommunication and aviation industries.

This proves that the Vietnamese stock market has changed dramatically in scale, as well as marked the maturity of large enterprises which play leading roles in economic sectors.

According to the announcement at the award ceremony, Vietjets’s CAGR and ROE were 69 per cent and 71.3 per cent, respectively. The airline’s stock return rate was 205 per cent while its market capitalisation reached over $4 billion.

The ‘CEO Talk – Business Administration Culture’ forum was also held on the sidelines of the award ceremony, with the participation of more than 300 leaders of enterprises, financial institutions in both domestic and international arenas as well as senior economic authorities.

The Nhip cau Dau tu Magazine’s Top 50 includes surveys and rankings of listed companies which have been evaluated to international standards with the counsel of many economists and business experts of international and domestic institutions for seven consecutive years. — VNS

Comments (0)